Friday 8 November 2019

AAR - House Khon - Part Three


So, I hope to take the lessons and mistakes I learnt from this game and go forth in a new game. While I could continue my mistakes were repeated to much to often to go on.

Here are some mistakes I had; 

1 ] I did not taking into account the maintenance cost of current or future mercenaries I hired. Its very easy to lose a war when you go bankrupt from hiring mercenaries multiple times. Like when I hired more troops and then the very next month went bankrupt. Causing the mercs to join the enemy. 

2] I forgot to take a moment and check peoples status. Weather that be there wealth or there military or there age. Leting a character die because you think the heir is above 16 when the heir is below 10 is a bad time. This includes checking my allies and pacts and others allys and pacts, and also future potential allies.

For example: if guy I am thinking of going to war against has a kid about to turn 16 and be married off to the kid of a power ful nation. Dont declare war on that nation until you can ruin the alliance.

Another note: Catholics, and Muslims have a lot of holy orders to call on to defend against heathens. Watch out for that in that future.

3 ] I need to keep a closer eye on the factions in my nation. This was a one time mistake this game but it was large enough for me to be take from a five province duke to a single province count. 


All these mistakes, the ones listed and the ones not, are hopefully things I can learn from. Doing an AAR has actually helped me learn more about This game.

Oh. I m on my third new ruler since the last update. I made to many mistakes back to back to back in the last time I played, I dont feel like I can crawl my way forward to a fun position. I currently feel like I am in a Kobayashi Maru situation so am just going to end this AAR here. 


I am sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I do not play CKs, so I might have been missing some background info, but it was neat to see it written up like this in first person.

    ReplyDelete

Goblins Tribal

 Pauper Goblins Deck Video Deck List Creatures: 28 4 x Raging Goblin 4 x Crazed Goblin 4 x Goblin Arsonist 4 x Akki Blizzard-Herder 3 x Sti...